After strawberries, cherries are my favourite fruit and generally one of my most favourite foods ever. So you can guess how delighted I was when Cherry Good got in touch to ask if I’d like to create a recipe with their delicious cherry juice!
Cherries are of course packed with antioxidants, but also taste amazing. The juice contains cherry juice from the delicious Montmorency cherry grown on the shores of Lake Michigan in the USA.
Cherry Good offer an original juice, a select juice with added Montmorency juice for extra flavour and a light juice which is 32 calories, so you have the choice of which suits your needs best. As well as a refreshing drink at breakfast time, it makes a lovely non alcoholic beverage for social occasions as well.
Of course, the obvious way to use juice in a recipe would be a smoothie a smoothie. Try a cup of Cherry Good blended with a banana, some almond butter and some greek yoghurt for a delicious well balanced breakie.
Instead of that smoothie recipe I decided to get a little more creative and made these fabulous little mug cakes! They are so easy to make and really do make the most of the flavour of Cherry Good. They are also gluten free! Topped with some greek yoghurt and a cherry, they would make an awesome breakfast, and who wouldn’t like to eat cake for breakfast? Alternatively they would also be a lovely snack or dessert. They really are moist and delicious…
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Cherry Good juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Greek yoghurt + fresh cherries to serve
- 1. Grease two mugs with coconut oil and set aside
- 2. Mash the banana and combine with the cherry juice and egg.
- 3. Sift in the coconut flour and baking powder (alternatively you could blend all the ingredients together)
- 4. Divide between the two mugs
- 5. Microwave each one separately on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (check depending on your microwave settings)
- 6. Turn out onto a plate ready to enjoy warm or allow to cool
- 7. Top with yoghurt and eat!
- As a dessert these would be amazing served warm with with banana softserve or ice cream.
- For a more decadent version, add some chocolate chips
Don’t they look so cute?! I adore their pink colour, perhaps a recipe to bookmark for Valentines Day!
Cherry Good is available in all major supermarkets.
Are you a fan of cherries? How would you enjoy Cherry Good juice?
*post and recipe commissioned by Cherry Good