Hello lovelies, hope you are having a delightful Sunday! Rewinding back to last Sunday I enjoyed a fab birthday which included that free mocktail courtesy of Las Iguanas. We had went to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the cinema and followed it up with a meal there for Newcastle Restaurant week. It was just £10 each for a two course meal and a drink!
As last weekend was my birthday it was pretty indulgent. We went for a meal with my parents, sister and bro-in-law to The Church Mouse a popular local gastro pub. I had an amazing meal of pork belly with sweet potato, cabbage, black pudding and roasted pear with a ginger beer sauce:
It was incredible! I also had a slice of peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake:
It’s not often I can’t finish a dessert but that beat me! After all of the rich food of the weekend I was ready for my usual healthy food. Unfortunately by Monday night I was feeling well and truly under the weather with a nasty head cold so my food cravings went a bit strange from starving to not wanting to eat at all. I made as much effort as possible to pack in the good stuff!
Green smoothie with spinach, apples, apricot, vanilla sun warrior, fresh ginger and water
Creamy porridge with fresh apricots and almond butter
Kale and red onion with scrambled egg topped with avocado
Mexican bowl with hot homemade vegan chilli, tortillas, shredded lettuce and avocado with some coriander
I don’t know about you guys but I’ve noticed a shift in the kind of food I fancy this week. Perhaps it’s just being a bit poorly but after what feels like weeks of not having warm or hot meals all of a sudden I’m craving soups, broths and chilli! I think autumn is on the way :-)
Workouts this week:
- Monday – Gym – 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, squats, seated shoulder presses, seated chest presses
- Tuesday – Rest
- Wednesday – Gym – 20 minutes bike, random strength exercises on the machines
- Thursday – 15 minutes yoga
- Friday – 15 minutes walk, 15 minutes yoga
- Saturday – 30 minute hard walk
- Sunday – Rest
With me feeling ill I decided to just have a relaxed cycle at the gym on Wednesday and when I still wasn’t feeling great on Friday I thought some fresh air and yoga would be better than the gym. Yesterday James and I decided to take a longer walk and he showed me the route he often takes to work through some fields and woods. It was so beautiful! But the walk was knackering with two huge hills to get up! James kindly laughed at me and my bump waddling up them ;-)
Necklace: Topshop, green dress: Mamas and Papas Maternity, black leggings: New Look maternity, gold sandals: Primark
I wore this for going out on my birthday and to my friends little girls birthday party the day before. I got it in the sale a while ago, definitely one of my nicest items of maternity wear!
After a couple of weeks break I got my organic veg box delivered again. Now that I’ve finished recipe testing for the book I’m back into cooking more creative everyday meals. I find that getting the veg box every so often makes me have to think up more ideas! Also…
34 weeks pregnant now, just 6 weeks to go! // scented candles // listening to my natal hypnotherapy CD while enjoying some essential oils // early nights // The Desire Map // fresh chilli in smoothies (recipe coming soon!) // proper builders tea (random craving) // seeing my great, great Nana for the first time in a newly discovered photograph
- Natural beauty new brands and reviews
- How to stop comparing yourself to others >> thanks so much for the response to this post!
- Curried Chickpea and Freekeh Salad Recipe
- Something for the weekend – Make your own positivity jar!
- Blog updates and my new Amazon store!
- Check out my guest post over at Mums’ Days where I’m sharing a recipe for oaty coconut and raisin cookies!
- New blog crush alert: Maiedae I spent most of yesterday reading through their beautiful posts!
- Celebrate the little things: How to recalibrate your view of success via Gala Darling
- Some lovely mid length hair styles via Because I’m Addicted – I’m trying to decide what I’d like to do with my hair!
- 12 guilt free desserts via A Beautiful Mess
- How resistant starch will make you healthier and thinner via Chris Kresser
While it’s been a nice enough week although I have to admit having that head cold has really knocked me for six. I was actually feeling really bloody lousy for a lot of the week. I hate getting ill, but I guess I should think myself lucky not to have had any other illnesses for such a long time, especially while pregnant when your immune system is lowered. Generally I feel that my healthy lifestyle works wonders and keeps my immune system in good shape so I get a bit down on myself when it ‘fails’ on me! Anyway, I am starting to feel better as of this weekend so hopefully all the garlic, ginger, chilli, lemon and honey I’ve been eating is doing the trick!
How do you react to little illnesses? How often do you go out for walks?
P.S I’m getting a few things ironed out with the blog design and functionality tomorrow (hopefully to include getting rid of any pop up ads that show on mobile devices) so if you are visiting Monday and things look a little weird, bear with me!