Hello lovely friends, I am so excited to be finally able to write this post! If you’ve been reading for a while you will know that I’ve been talking a little bit about some of my personal business plans. After what feels like a loooong time, I can reveal all!
Last year I blogged about how I had taken an online Diet and Nutrition Advisors course. I passed that course at the start of the year and then in July I decided to take the plunge and do the full certified Holistic Health Coaching programme with IIN.
I love my job working with charities and community groups, but since I started this blog my passion for inspiring and helping others to make healthy lifestyle changes has grown and grown. As some of you that have lost weight will know, there is something about achieving things in that area of life that gives you the confidence to make changes in other areas of your life and go after your dreams.
My dream is to be a health coach that works with not only individuals, but also community groups and organisations that work with children and young people and other sections of the community in need. I knew as soon as I started the course with IIN that I had made the right decision, and although it’s very scary ‘putting yourself out there’ it’s also very exciting! In August, the day before my 30th Birthday, I set up my new company Uniquely Healthy.
I’ve been working away these last few months developing Uniquely Healthy as my health coaching business. All the work I do as part of Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish also comes within Uniquely Healthy now too. I won’t rabbit on about Uniquely Healthy here – please check out the website which will tell you all you all about it, including the Uniquely Healthy Approach and my health coaching services, plus how I can help if you are interested in becoming a health coach too. I’ll be blogging over there weekly on topics around nutrition, fitness, mind and spirit and inspiration. Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish will continue as normal :-)
If you are interested in finding out more about Health Coaching with me please check it out. As I’m still studying with IIN I am working with a few clients at a very highly discounted rate so get in touch if you want to make some big changes in 2013!
I’ve also set up another business – a Community Interest Company with a work colleague that is called the Feel Good Factory North East.
This is where I’ll be developing my work with communities, charities and schools. The aim of the Feel Good Factory is all about supporting people’s physical and emotional wellbeing, how awesome is that! It’s still in the early development stages but we have some exciting plans for next year.
To celebrate the launch of the Uniquely Healthy site I’ve put together a special hamper giveaway prize:
Up for grabs within the hamper is:
- A SONY Cyber-shot Digital Camera!
- 2 packets of chocolate and pecan popcorn
- A big bag of original Popchips
- St Dalfour Naturally Sweetened Black Cherry Jam
- Dorset Cereal Fruity Muesli
- Rude Health Honey Nut Granola
- Pack of Original 9 Bars
- Pack of Cocoa Mint Nakd Bars
- Jar of Meridian Almond Butter
- Raw Brownie
- Lindt Caramel Chocolate with Sea Salt
- Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt
- Unpictured box of Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea
- A batch of freshly baked cookies from a KHGS recipe of your choice!
To enter (each counts as a separate entry so make sure you leave separate comments for each one for more chances to win!)
- Hop on over to Uniquely Healthy and sign up for the Newsletter (sign up box is top of the right side bar) and leave a comment below stating you have done so.
- Like Uniquely Healthy on Facebook and leave a comment below stating you have done so.
- Tweet this – ‘Check out @lauraagarwilson GIVEAWAY for new health coaching site Uniquely Healthy http://ow.ly/fYN6g for a chance to win a hamper of goodies’- and leave a comment below stating that you have done so.
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to the Uniquely Healthy site and leave a comment below stating you have done so.
Giveaway open to UK residents only (so sorry international readers – I’ve got an international giveaway lined up soon!) and ends Saturday 15th December at 12am GMT.
Good Luck! Thank you everyone for all of your support since I started this blog. I can’t believe that something which started out as a little online food diary helped point me down the path which has led to this. Dreams can come true if you believe in them and work hard for them!