Thank goodness its Friday! I know I’ve had a short week but I am ready for the weekend already!
I’ve been continuing to focus on raw clean foods over the last couple of days:
Breakfast on Thursday was just wonderful – organic blueberries, viva pure raw granola and home made almond milk:
Simple and perfect!
This mornings breakfast was some pudding made with 1/4 cup of viva pure chia super food porridge mix, additional tbsp of chia seeds and 1 cup of almond milk (combined and left to thicken overnight) with fresh strawberries and blueberries:
More salad beasts have been consumed:
Spinach, rocket, little gem, red onion, spring onion, courgette, cucumber, sprouted lentils and beans with tahini miso dressing.
Tonight I made my Tofu and Sweet Potato Hash for dinner but used spring greens, cauldron marinated tofu and lots of fresh basil and parsley:
Such a huge plate of yummy stuff!
Last night, after eating my leftover black beans with brown rice and tomato less guacamole for dinner I made a giant bowl of double chocolate protein ice cream for dessert:
I had a bit of an accident while making this due to leakage from the bottom of the blender so it turned out a bit weird, still tasty though! This contained 1.5 scoops of chocolate sun warrior protein powder, crushed ice, water, stevia, 1 tsp of raw cacao powder, xanthan and guar gums and cacao nibs for topping.
For dessert this evening I made the most amazing raw cacao coconut frappe!
Raw Cacao Coconut Frappe (serves 1)
- 1 cup of almond milk (could use coconut milk too)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- 1 tbsp of coconut nectar or agave nectar or sweetener of choice (I used 1 tbsp of coconut nectar and a few drops of stevia)
- 1/4 tsp of coconut extract or 1 tbsp of coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp of xanthan and guar gums
Blend all ingredients in high speed blender till smooth. Enjoy!
I had this in my new shake cup and it was absolutely delicious and genuinely tastes like the Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frappe I enjoyed so much in NYC! I will be addicted to these from now on! You could easily use chocolate protein powder or cocoa powder instead of the raw cacao or add a tablespoon of desiccated coconut too. So so yummy!
Workouts have been pretty good. On Thursday I did some freestyle yoga when I woke up then headed to the gym for a 3,2,1 workout after work. This absolutely killed me! My muscles were so tired for some reason I could do no where near my usual reps and weights! This morning I was back at the gym for a quick workout – 30 minutes of intervals on the usual gym equipment followed by abs and core exercises.
Well I have a pretty relaxed weekend planned catching up with family and friends, a long run and hopefully some chill time! Hope whatever you are up to its a good one!
May Sponsor Giveaway!
- Complete set of Nakd bars – Gingerbread, Cocoa Orange, Pecan Pie, Berry Delight, Cashew Cookie, Cocoa Mint, Cocoa Delight
- Range of The Raw Chocolate Company products including raw chocolate covered goji berries, mulberries and raisins, banoffe, pitch dark, lavish, minted, twilight and loaded raw chocolate bars
- Viva Pure packs of raw buck wheaties, raw granola and coconut sugar
4 runners up will also receive a full set of Nakd bars.
To enter (each of these counts as a single entry – please leave a separate comment for each one):
- Leave a comment to this post stating what you have enjoyed the most from Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish so far this month
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Blog Lovin or Twitter and leave a comment below stating that you have done so
- Tweet about this giveaway mentioning @keephealthstyle and leave a comment below stating you have done so
- Post about this giveaway with a link back to this post on your blog and leave a comment below stating that you have done so
Giveaway open to UK residents only (sorry International friends!) and closes at 12am GMT Friday 20th May 2011, good luck!